1 can chickpeas, drained
1 small onion, diced
60 mL (¼ cup) cake flour
30 mL (2 Tbsp) oat bran or oat flour
30 mL (2 Tbsp) rolled oats
Large handful fresh coriander/ parsley
15 mL (1 Tbsp) ground cumin
5 mL (1 tsp) paprika
15 mL (1 Tbsp) lemon juice
5 mL (1 tsp) black pepper
2.5 mL (½ tsp) salt
2.5 mL (½ tsp) garlic granules (or 2 cloves)
5 mL (1 tsp) baking powder
15 mL (1 Tbsp) olive/ canola oil
15 mL (1 Tbsp) of red pesto (optional)
Aerosol cooking spray
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees C.
- Mix together the ingredients into a food processor and pulse the ingredients until mixed well.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper or foil and give it a spritz with aerosol cooking spray.
- Use a spoon to scoop out some of the falafel mixture and roll into a ball using your hands.
- Next, give the balls a quick spray with your aerosol spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then turn the balls over. Repeat step 6, giving them another thin coating of oil.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving or refrigerate once cooled.