Consultation Rates for 2020 (subject to change with timely notice via mailer)
During the COVID-19 Pandemic we are offering online consultations only with seperate body composition assessments (face-to-face) BUT only with STRICT protocols in place.
This practice is cash based (it does not submit directly to medical aids unless you are with Discovery Health in which case your MSA needs to be verified before your visit if you would like us to claim on your behalf).
We do provide you with a statement with the correct coding (to the best of our knowledge) so that you are able to submit the cost of your consultation to your medical aid for reimbursement.
My rates are as follows:
- Initial Consultation: R645.00 (60 minute assessment) + R410.00 (eating plan + report) = R1055.00
- Second appointment (60 minutes: delivery of the eating plan plus report): R645.00
- Regular follow-up appointments (30 minutes) : R410.00
- Longer follow-up appointments (45 minutes) and follow-ups for couples: R580.00
- Short follow-up appointment (20 minutes): R330.00 (package option R290.00 per session for 3 sessions – paid upfront)
- Body composition assessment (15 minutes): R175.00
- Body composition feedback (20 minutes): R290.00
- If you do not require an eating plan the cost of the initial session is R700.00 for 1 hour 15 minutes
I work together with you in the following way:
Your first appointment is focused on me getting to know you. This assessment includes biochemical assessment, clinical assessment and dietary assessment. Kindly note that if you would like an eating plan – you need to book a follow-up appointment in order to receive your personalized eating plan. No eating plan is the same thus I do need time to put this together for you. This usually takes a week maximum and is subject to my availability.
In my experience working together with you in this way provides you with enough time to ensure that the changes (goals) we made in the initial appointment have had time to start taking root in your lifestyle. It is better to first work on getting the “basics” right before overwhelming yourself with an eating plan (which is more structured). Adding structure to a good foundation makes more sense than building on something which has no foundation.
Think of it like this: The first appointment is thus the foundation appointment and the second appointment adds structure to the foundation.
You are welcome and strongly encouraged to book your second appointment when you book your first appointment but these two appointments should at least be 7 days apart (1 week).
My philosophy is to educate you around nutrition in such a way that you do not need to rely on rigid meal plans to maintain a long-term sustainable healthy eating pattern (allowing you to make good choices irrespective of the food situation you find yourself in).
I do provide you with a flexible 3 day sample meal plan as it is a good tool to get you started and to learn proper portion control which is included in the initial consultation fee but you do need to make a second appointment (60 minutes) so that we can finalize your individualized eating plan.
If you would like more extensive meal plans (i.e. more than 3 days) and specialized recipes these will be at an additional cost due to the time (outside of your consultation fee as mentioned above) needed to compile them for you – feel welcome to discuss this with me (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contact me (email@example.com) if you wish to inquire about her professional speaking rates (this can be done virtually).
If you would like to make a booking you can do so in three ways:
- Book online using our online calendar – click on this link
- Phone the Alphen House receptionist. Please contact her directly at 021 794 5789 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email me at email@example.com or whats app at 082 534 9098
If you would like to message me directly before making an appointment – you are welcome to do so.
You can do so in the following ways
- Send me a voice note or WhatsApp message as I am usually unable to answer my mobile phone as I am usually consulting with patients.
- Email me with your query (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You are welcome to send messages and emails after hours but please note that all emails and messages are only responded to during business hours.