Consultation Rates for 2018 (subject to change with timely notice)
Medical aid rates are charged.
This practice is cash based (it does not submit directly to medical aids however we do provide you with a statement with the correct coding so that you are able to submit the cost to your medical aid). We strive to make this process as easy as possible for you. We do have debit card facilities and we do take cash payments. However, no cheques will be accepted.
- Initial Consultation (first appointment) : R680.00 for 60-90 minutes
- 1 hour consult: R525.00
- Follow ups (45 minutes) : R420.00
- Follow ups (30 minutes) : R350.00
- Weigh-in (15 minutes): R250.00
- Shopping Tours @ R525.00 per hour
- Hourly rate for Corporate @ R525.00 per hour
- Please contact Cath Day (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to inquire about her professional speaking rates or the possibility of home visits
If you would like to make a booking you can do so in two ways
- Book online using our online calendar – click on this link
- Phone the Alphen House receptionist who takes all my bookings. Please contact her directly at 021 794 5789 or email her at email@example.com
If you would like to speak to me directly before making an appointment. Please email me with your query and contact number and I will phone you back or respond via email.
Note: I charge Discovery medical aid rates so that I ensure that most of my patients are reimbursed by their medical aid (should they have one). I do this because I know paying the short fall can be difficult for some families. There may be other health professionals who charge more than me – this is not a reflection on my education nor my experience. I base my rates on what I feel most families can afford and based on the amount of time I spend with you.
My philosophy is to educate you around nutrition in such a way that you do not need to rely on rigid meal plans to maintain a long-term sustainable healthy eating pattern (allowing you to make good choices irrespective of the food situation you find yourself in). However I do provide you with a flexible 3 day sample meal plan as it is a good tool to get you started and to learn proper portion control which is included in the 60-90 minute consultation fee.
If you are a new patient and you are only able to come for 60 minutes then your eating plan can be sent to you via email or you can book a follow-up appointment in 3 days time. If your plan is emailed to you confirmation of receipt of this email is your responsibility.
If you would like more extensive meal plans (i.e. more than 3 days) and specialized recipes these will be at an additional cost due to the time (outside of your consultation fee as mentioned above) needed to compile them for you. A quote outlining this can be provided upon request.