In this blog post I am going to share some of my quick, easy and healthy snack options. But first…
Why snack between meals?
- To help us get all the nutrients in that we need to stay healthy
- To help us feel energized
- Keeps our blood glucose (sugar) levels stable throughout the day especially if you find your energy level drops between meals
- Help to curb your feelings of hunger between meals
- Stop you from eating too much at mealtimes
The keys to healthy snacking are
- ŠChoose the foods you snack on wisely
- Watch the portion size of the food you eat
- Snack when you are hungry
Snack option #1:
Quick and easy snack or light lunch idea for people on the run..
All you need is:
âœ” Rye Cracker bread
âœ” Smooth cottage cheese
âœ” Fish paste
âœ” Mozzarella cheese
—-> Assemble and add black pepper to taste
Snack option #2:
Fresh fruit, its simple, easy and healthy. Enough said!
A great way to get in the much needed vitamin C to help your body fight off the flu this winter!
Snack option #3
- Finn crisps
- Cottage cheese
- Drizzle of Balsamic reduction
—-> Also super easy and good source of fiber!
So remember to pack good snack options! Preparation is key! To summarize..
Lets aim for
âœ” healthy options on most days (80:20 principle)
âœ” biltong (lean) – or other lean proteins like a boiled egg
âœ” cottage cheese
So we are:
âœ” ready set go for a great day ahead.
Treats can be enjoyed every now and again…
âœ” potato pops
Lastly remember that being prepared so that you have access to healthy options = less likely to make poor unhealthy choices.
Remember: Love food. Eat smart. Love Life.
Copyright: Catherine Day, 2015
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POST DOES NOT REPLACE THE INDIVIDUALIZED CARE A DIETITIAN CAN OFFER YOU. PLEASE SEEK THE HELP OF A DIETITIAN FOR YOUR NUTRITIONAL HEALTH. ALSO NOTE THAT ANY PRODUCTS IN ANY OF THE PICTURES DISPLAYED IN THIS POST DOES NOT MEAN THAT I, CATHERINE DAY ENDORSE ANY BRANDS OR PRODUCTS. I HAVE NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST TO DECLARE NOR DO I WORK FOR ANY FOOD COMPANY NOR DO I RECEIVE FUNDING FROM ANY COMPANY.